Nashville to Chattanooga
- Complimentary overnight stay in a select luxury hotel before your voyage
- Enjoy Nashville, 'Music City,' home of the Grand Ole Opry, the “Mother Church of Country Music.”
- Experience the rich history and sincere hospitality of the Cumberland and Tennessee River region that spawned country music.
At a glance
Duration: 9 Days
Coverage: Nashville to Chattanooga
Activities: Culture, History, Nature
Book this Trip › or call us toll-free 1-888-815-5428
Journey through ports of call that played a part in the conflict which tore a nation apart. Visit fascinating landmarks like Pope’s Tavern Museum in Florence, Alabama that served as a stagecoach stop and hospital for both Confederate and Union forces during the Civil War. As you pass through gracious towns and encounter the welcoming people that inhabit them, you’ll gain a new appreciation for how the fabric of America has been woven back together.
2015 Theme Sailings
- Civil War - Oct 17
- Day 1 - Hotel Stay, Nashville, TN
Your journey begins with a deluxe hotel stay in Nashville.
- Day 2 - Embark - Nashville, TN
Explore Nashville at your leisure or consider a Pre-cruise Premium Shore Excursion with afternoon transfer to the American Queen.
- Day 3 - Dover, TN
Fort Donelson National Battlefield and Dover Hotel remain untouched as reminders of Dover’s importance during the Civil War
- Day 4 - Paducah, KY
Known as the city of art, rhythm and rivers, and home of the National Quilt Museum.
- Day 5 - Savannah, TN
Shiloh National Military Park tells the story of the Battle of Shiloh and is the resting place of 4,000 soldiers.
- Day 6 - Florence, AL
Pope’s Tavern Museum, a stagecoach stop and hospital for Civil War Confederate and Union forces.
- Day 7 - Decatur, AL
Enjoy the Blue and Gray Museum, Carnegie Visual Arts Center, Wheeler Wildlife Refuge, two Victorian historic districts and unique shopping.
- Day 8 - River Cruising
Take pleasure in the captivating sites and sounds of an abundant wildlife that inhabits this region.
- Day 9 - Disembark Chattanooga, TN
Enjoy Chattanooga at your leisure or consider a Post-cruise Premium Shore Excursion with airport transfer.
Dates & Rates
|Oct 17, 2015||American Queen||$2,699||$2,899||$2,999||$3,099||$3,299||$3,399||$4,599||$4,699||$4,799||$5,799||$3,199||$3,999|
Fares are per guest, double occupancy, with the exception of SI and SO (single category). Fares quoted are in U.S. dollars, are per person and do not include air or land transportation. Port Charges of $129 per person are additional and not included in the fare. Promotional fares and amenities are capacity controlled, may vary by sailing and category of accommodations and may be withdrawn without notice.
Included in Cruise Fare
- Shore excursions to fascinating river towns and cities.
- One-night luxury hotel stay and transfers before or after your voyage included in price.
- Complimentary bottled water and soft drinks.
- Complimentary wines and beers with dinner.
- An array of sumptuous dining options including regional cuisine by famed American Chef Regina Charboneau.
- Captain’s Champagne Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
- Hot and cold canapes at cocktail hour every evening.
Not Included in Cruise Fare
- Airfare to/from embarkation/de-embarkation ports.
The largest steamboat ever built, the grand American Queen is a gracious and elegant triumph of American ingenuity. Although filled with today’s modern amenities, her rooms and accommodations display all the opulence of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork, fresh flowers and antiques adorn her interior spaces. Outside, lacy filigree evokes memories of the many stately river steamers that preceded her and so inspired her designers.View ship details...